Here it is, probably my all time favourite smoothie (ever)!
Ok, if there is one thing I love more than sweets it’s anything that has a salted caramel flavour… some have called me a bit obsessed with it…oops! But with working out and trying to meet my fitness goals, Nutella crepes and Ben & Jerrys ice cream isn’t always the best option for me, I do still eat it but try to limit it most days. So instead I have been experimenting with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie (wow that is quite a mouthful).
And who else to test it than my husband. He has been my guinea pig since I started experimenting with this recipe about 3 months ago. This smoothie has especially been a winner after he removed his wisdom teeth.
The number 1 secret to making this the ultimate Salted Caramel flavoured smoothie, is the very last step…
The sprinkle of course salt on top, total game changer.
It is important when making this recipe, that you make it exactly according to the recipe, trust me, I have had days where I was to lazy to measure it out and it just didn’t taste the same. Ironically the day we were shooting for this post I forgot the ice, and it definitely did not taste the same. Believe me, add the ice! It tastes like a milkshake without the guilt, or bloat!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie
The perfect post workout smoothie or snack to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Calories 198 Carbs: 16.7g Fat: 5.2g Protein: 18.8g
- 2 Cups of ice
- 1 Cup of Almond milk
- 1 Scoop of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate Protein powder (I love this flavour and it doesn’t have a weird texture)
- 2 Tbs Cacao
- 2 Tbs PB2 Chocolate powdered peanut butter (you can use any other peanut butter, I like this because it has 85% less fat than normal peanut butter)
- 1 Tbs Caramel Syrup
- 1/3 tsp salt (and a pinch for the top)
- Place the ice and milk in your blender and mix. I find that when I do this, everything mixes very well and you don’t end up with protein powder stuck to the bottom of your blender.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend together
- Finish off with a pinch of salt.
I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do.
*Photo Credit: Gabrielle Col Photography